By default, new messages destined for your INBOX will be retrieved from the
Mail Server using Outlook's POP3 service. This enables users of the Mail
Connector to use the following Outlook features:
Alternatively, if you configure the Mail Connector to synchronize your INBOX using its
IMAP protocol (Connector 1.x method) the features listed above will not be functional.
- The Send/Receive button is used instead of the Connector's 'Synchronize' button to
send and receive mail.
- New mail pop-up notifications
- Automatic reject/accept of incoming meeting requests
- Automatic rules processing of incoming mail
Ability to set a global folder synchronization preference, which applies to all
folders. The synchronization choices are:
A parent folder can be set to synchronize its sub-folders automatically.
- Every time I select the folder
- Manually (click the "Synchronize" button)
- When Outlook starts up and exits
Faster startup and synchronization of folders. Folder permissions can be applied
by the pre-defined user types listed here:
- Power User
The Connector toolbar can be hidden using Outlook's 'View' menu item.
Automatic web-based registration and license activation.
Automatic installation and configuration of the Mail Connector and Address Book
is possible when used with a setup.ini file.