Java Technologies on SCO Systems
Development Kit 1.1.7B
The JavaTM Development Kit (JDKTM)
is a powerful development environment that is portable, object-oriented,
platform independent, and especially well suited for developing
Internet-enabled applications. The JDK includes the Java compiler,
interpreter, classes, and documentation and is licensed to all UnixWare
7, SCO UnixWare 2, and SCO OpenServer Release 5 licensees.
JDK 1.1.7B for SCO Operating Systems is a full update release
to the earlier JDK 1.1.3, 1.1.3u, 1.1.3w, and 1.1.7A releases on
Compared to JDK 1.1.7A, this release contains:
- The just-in-time (JIT) compiler that was in JDK 1.1.3u but was
withdrawn from the product as of JDK 1.1.3w for licensing reasons.
The JIT compiler is now part of the base JDK product and no longer
requires a separate SCO license.
- Support for the JIT compiler on SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.5
for the first time.
- Addition of heuristics to the JIT compiler to improve performance.
- Fixes and enhancements corresponding to the update of the JDK
from the Sun 1.1.7A level to its 1.1.7B level.
- Fixes for a number of SCO specific problems in JDK 1.1.7A.
JDK 1.1.7B will run on the following versions of SCO operating
- UnixWare 7 Release 7.1.1
- UnixWare 7 Release 7.1 (with IKS ptfs)
- SCO OpenServer Release 5.0.2, 5.0.4, and 5.0.5 (with the 7.1.1
- SCO UnixWare 2.1.3 (with the 7.1.1 UW2compat package)
For more information about the supported operating systems for
JDK 1.1.7B, see the Supported
Platforms section of the JDK
1.1.7B Release Notes.
Be sure to read the JDK
1.1.7B Release Notes before attempting to install or use any of