BTLD - wd Driver
Date Posted: 17-OCT-03
Brief Description: The updated wd driver provides
a number of bug fixes, including:
- All compliant PCI IDE controllers now recognized.
- UDMA mode 6 (UDMA 133) now supported.
- Divvy now correctly recommends a valid number of filesystems
for disks greater than 14GB.
- Improved ATAPI device recognition.
- ATAPI CD and DVD writer devices now supported.
- More readable and useful debug output. To turn on debug output,
use the wd.debug=[option] bootstring, where [option] can be any
of the following:
- i for IDE controller identification
- u for Ultra DMA configuration
- g for disk geometry calculations
- Better disk geometry configuration.
- IDE hard disks larger than 137GB now recognized as having 137GB
of space. Previously these drives were seen as smaller, possibly
as small as 2GB.
- When kernel debugger is enabled, driver no longer enters the
debugger on certain unusual conditions.
- Driver no longer panics when attempting to access a non-existent
Dependencies: See Note section in tables above.
Please read the following export notice:
Please note that physical or electronic transfer of this software to a destination outside of the United States constitutes an export as defined by the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security. This software is controlled under ECCN 5D002, license exception ENC, which prohibits the export or reexport of encryption items to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan or Syria – this includes individuals who are nationals of these countries. Placement of an order with SCO constitutes an agreement to comply with these stipulations.